Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 725g all purpose flour (type 405)
- 1 1/2 tsp (~11g) salt
- 1 1/2 tsp (~10g) baking soda
- 3/4 tsp (~5g) baking powder
- 250g softened unsalted butter
- 250g your choice of shortening/butter/ghee/coconut oil/...
- 370g white sugar
- 320g light brown sugar/muscovado
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ~600g chocolate (chips or chopped into chunks)
Combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and beat until creamy, then add the eggs and beat again until creamy.
Slowly add the flour mixture, mixing until all the flour is added and a dough is formed. Mix in the chocolate.
Refrigerate overnight before baking.
Preheat oven to 375F / 190C convection.
Form the dough into ~1 Tbsp / ~35-40g balls and place evenly spaced on a baking tray, keeping cold until they go into the oven.
Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate the tray and bake for another 4 minutes before removing from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 1 minute before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes approximately 1 small mountain of cookies.
- Mix dark / milk / white chocolate
- Replace ~150g chocolate with butterscotch chips
- Replace ~150g chocolate with chopped nuts